Can birth control pill cause infertility?
Many women use birth control pills to prevent pregnancy in their early days of marriage or after having a baby. There are a lot of myths around the use of the birth control pill causing infertility. But it is just a thought process and does not affect the Fertility in a woman; it only prevents conception when the couple does not want to conceive. Oral contraceptive use can delay the ovulation process in a lady and cause a delay the resumption of menses, making people think that it affects the lady’s Fertility.
Does Birth control pills Cover up the actual menstrual problems which a lady has?
The use of Contraceptive pills often covers up the actual menstrual problems which a woman is facing. The use of OCPS (oral contraceptive pills) makes the woman have regular menstrual cycle even if she normally has delayed or short duration cycles or if the women have severe bleeding during her menses.
How does birth control pill function?
Birth control pill contains synthetic hormone such as estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are similar to the ones who take part in a woman’s normal menstrual cycle. So, they decrease the release of stimulating follicle hormone(FSH) and leutinising hormone (LH) and from the brain; hence, the ovulation is impaired, which prevents conception from occurring. Birth control pills also decrease the quality of the endometrium where the pregnancy should implant and make the cervical mucus thick which inhibits pregnancy to occur.
When I am planning to conceive when should I stop taking birth control pill?
When a woman uses a birth control pill, it can be for 2months to maybe many years. Once the lady stops the pill, she would begin her ovulation within 2 to 3 months of the pill’s stoppage. If the ovulation or regular cycles do not occur once you stop the birth control pill, you should consult your doctor.
If a couple is not able to conceive after one year of unprotected sex
if the lady is less than 35 year of age after stopping the birth control pill
if the couple is unable to conceive after trying for six months of stopping the contraceptive pill or
the woman is more than 35 year of age,
they should meet a doctor.
Why is birth control pill used for fertility treatment?
The birth control pill has hormones as already discussed above; they help suppress the ovary to get more synchronised follicles when the fertility treatment begins. The birth control pill also helps eliminate the functional ovarian cyst if it is present during the beginning of the cycle.
Return of Fertility after stopping birth control methods-
- Natural Methods and Barrier Methods: When a couple uses condoms, female condoms, a diaphragm, or spermicide for birth control, the Fertility should return immediately.
- Combined birth control methods: If you stop oral contraceptive pills, it takes 1 to 3 months for the ovulation to begin and then the couple can plan to conceive. So as soon you stop the pill you can plan for conception.
- Nuva ring or patch -Once you stop them, your Fertility is restored, you can plan to conceive.
- Intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD) Copper T-As soon as the IUCD is removed the couple can plan for pregnancy.
- Depo Provera Injection-This injection prevents pregnancy for 3 months once the dose is taken. It takes time for the Fertility to restore if you have used the injection, some women take almost a year to start their menses if they have used the injections the method of contraception. It takes time for the drug to wane off from the body as it is injected intramuscularly.
For any further queries, call on- 9958722133