Normal Menstruation is when a lady has blood flow for 4 to 7 days. And the period occurs every 28 days. The duration of menses to occur can be 21 days to 35 days.
However, the Abnormal period is when a woman has a period that occurs less than 21 days or more than 35 days apart. If the woman misses three or more periods in a row and blood flow during menses is more or less than usual.
Types of Abnormal Menstruation
- Amenorrhoea-When, a lady’s Menstruation, has stopped entirely. If a woman has stopped her menses for more than 90 days or more or unless she is pregnant, Breastfeeding or has attained menopause. If a young girl had not achieved menses by 15 or 16 years.
- Oligomenorrhoea is when a woman has Menstruation irregularly.
- Dysmenorrhoea– When a woman has pain during her menses which disturbs her daily routine.
When should you consult a doctor –
- If your period occurs less than 21 days or more than 35 days apart.
- If you miss three or more menses in a row.
- The blood flow is heavy or less than usual.
- If the blood occurs more than seven days.
- If you have severe pain during menses. And also experience nausea or vomiting.
- If you have spotting or bleeding during periods or after having contact.
Your menstrual cycle tells a lot about your health–
Regular periods between menopause and poverty indicates that your body is working usually. But if you face problems like irregular, painful periods, it may be a sign of health problems. You may face issues in getting pregnant. And as your body ages, hormone levels may change in your body, and it can increase or decrease your risk for chronic diseases.
If you have any queries related to abnormal periods, and infertility, call on- 9958722133